Welcome to the
Organic & Natural Way of Life!
What are organic products?
The basis of organic food is a farming system that cultivates and maintains healthy
soil without the use of toxic pesticides and fertilizers. Products labeled as organic,
and organic farmers, must meet the following United States Department of Agriculture
(USDA) organic regulations:
- Crops are grown without the use of toxic and persistent chemical pesticides and
- Livestock for meat and dairy products are raised on organic feed and without the
routine use of antibiotics and growth hormones.
- Packaged foods are processed without artificial additives, flavors, sweeteners,
colorings, preservatives and synthetic oils.
There are three allowable organic labeling claims
- "100% Organic:" Can only contain certified organic ingredients and can display the
USDA organic logo and/or the specific certifying agent’s logo.
- "Organic:" Contains 95%+ organic ingredients. These products can also display the
USDA organic logo and/or the certifier’s logo.
- "Made with Organic Ingredients:" Must be made with at least 70% organic ingredients.
These products may display the certifier's logo but not the USDA organic logo.